Friday, October 14, 2011

FO: Friday I'm a pattern designer! (almost)




This FO:Friday is brought to you by the first pattern that I am planning on publishing.

They are simple worsted weight slipper socks that I am going to call "Sleepy Time Socks" made out of Spud and Cloe Sweater yarn. I have made patterns before but have never published them mostly just using them for my own pleasure/ crafty endeavors.

Why then have I decided to publish this pattern? I will be teaching a class on it! They are just a simple pair of beginner socks but to prevent copyright issues/other things I have decided it would easiest to provide my own pattern. So far I've been learning so much about the process. It is one thing to knit a pattern (even a made up one in your head) it is a completely different thing to write down the pattern in coherent sentences.

I am still writing down the last bits of the pattern but if you're interested in my class you can sign up for it on the Sewtropolis website or give them a call during business hours. Also be sure to check out Nikol's blog. She's doing a giveaway right now (yay!) and there is also a blog post about me (!) And about puppies. Who can resist a blog post about puppies? I sure can't!

Right now I think my pattern will only be available through taking the sewtropolis class. We'll see how it goes after that though. To see these socks in person right they are currently on display at the Sewtropolis store!

For more awesome FO: Friday posts be sure to hop on over to Tami's Amis for the Mr. Linky

4 comments:

Paula said...

That's SO cool! Congratulations on your first published design -- and on teaching a class. You're half a click away from being the Yarn Harlot! :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Your own pattern for teaching a class is very wise. They look like very practical socks - my favourite kind! Good luck with your teaching endeavour!

Julie said...

Awesome Annie! Love them! :-)

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

Very cute pattern, and great idea.